Alexandria Hotel at 5th and Spring Street in Los Angeles in the 1920s
Laykin et Cie found it's early beginnings in the late 1920s as the Laykin Diamond Company at 219 West 5th Street then 315 West 5th Street and finally at 5th and Spring Street in the venerable Alexandria Hotel; once the cities finest. In the 1930's the firm moved west to the Sunset Strip in Hollywood; changed it's name to Laykin et Cie and began an expansion that saw it open boutiques in a variety of Southern California resorts through the rest of the decade.
Returning to West 5th Street in 2015; Laykin et Cie opened it's first "by-appointment" location in the landmark US Bank Tower at 633 West 5th Street (Formerly the Library Tower) which commands a key visual cue in the skyline of modern Los Angeles.
Laykin et Cie
633 West 5th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071